Cocker Spaniel Rosie

I was born on 24 June 2010 in Knutsford, to proud mum Ellie.

This is the story of how I came to live in North Wales and share my life with Debz.



This is my story so far...

Coming Home Pic

Coming Home Pic
The day I came home in a crate!

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Bleedin' Grass Seed

What a day...

I do not blog very often as you know, busy busy busy, lots of things to do when you're a dog. Lots n lots and lots of exciting things. Until ... let me tell you about the thing they call a grass seed. A bleedin' grass seed...

My mummy knows I get sore feet from time to time and because of the special allergy diet I have (yummy) I don't get them much these days. They call it contact dermatitis or something fancy like that. What do I know. I'm a dog. With a blog. A dog with a blog and sore feet. So when my poor foot started to hurt a few days ago she thought it was the same thing. But me: I knew different. I did try to show her how much I was chewing me toes! But all she kept doing was telling me off for chewing me toes: like chewing me toes is a bad thing. Anyway I refused to let her up close to look; I mean they're my toes, right? I can be as grumpy as I want. And I can chew me toes if I want, right?

Only thing is they got sorer and sorer although I stopped limping and Mum thought it was sorted because it normally sorts itself only then Mum spotted the yellow stuff coming out between me toes and hey presto a trip to that vet man. He prodded me and I still wouldn't let anyone look at me toes and I thought that was it, home I came. MY toes, so don't look at them!

But oh no. That was not the end of it. Yesterday I got up and wasn't allowed any breckie, instead Mum took me straight out for a walk and next thing I'm in the car, but not for a fun ride out, oh no: back to the vet man.

What a day I had in there!

They put me in a cage, which I don't mind and there were other dogs there and some cats, but then they shaved me arm and stuck a needle in it! Next thing I was feeling all whoozy and ended up dozing. So then they came and took me into another room where I was given more drugs to make me fall asleep.Powerful drugs, man. Like... actually it was quite nice.

When I came round I was shaking and my foot was like really sore. That part wasn't nice. But oh the drugs...

I wasn't too pleased to be there but life is an adventure so I was wagging me tail, especially when, and this is the best bit, the nice lady came and got me out of the cage and... there was my mum standing there! Whoop!

I was going home.

I heard her telling my mum it was a grass seed they took out of my foot and they gave it to her as a souvenir! Why? But they did. And she made a weird noise when she heard how much that 'bleedin' grass seed' cost her. That's how she said it. Then she said something about insurance which I know nothing about and how they will pay for some of it... and then she brought me home.


Blurry bleedin' grass seed that cost Mum £217 something!

I have to say I felt like I was on a boat for most of the evening, couldn't settle. In the end, after lots of cuddles with Nan my mum finished her work and we finally got to have lots of snuggles, the best part.


So out of it didn't even know I was snuggled next to Lacey!


I was a bit 'spaced out': I mean look at my legs!


Mum makes a good cushion





 And then she let me go to bed. Phew.

Which is where I still am now.

So that is how my day went. What about yours?

4 comments:

  1. Aw brave girl, Rosie, those pesky grass seeds are horrible and cause no end of problems. My lovely Indy once had a seed in his paw and I still have that somewhere. He and his sister also got them in their ears and had to have ops. It's not easy being a spaniel at this time of year is it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I'm not the only one suffering from grass seed issues! Thanks for your comments. Woof!

      Delete
  2. Such a nice writing. The style you have narrated is simple beautiful and well authored. The quality of writing can be seen from the beginning until the end.
    Know how to train your dog

    ReplyDelete